Saturday, November 14, 2009

whew!

The graduate douçaine project/recital is over. I had a great turnout and the concert was very well received. Now I get to do more research, but look forward to upcoming collaborations with Vicki Boeckman (recorder) and Gary Stroutsos (xiao and other ethnic flutes). I'm also really looking forward to this year's Very Darkwood Christmas concert. We had to cancel the one last year, as it was right after my mother died. Next week I am shooting a video with the Boise indie pop band The Very Most. I played douçaine on their jazzy version of Away in a Manger. I'm really thrilled with how the recording turned out. Their Ireland-based label is really interested in the douçaine. Jen and I will also be back on Curtis Stigers' Xtreme Xmas Xtravaganza line-up this year. Again, I had to cancel last year when my mother died. Curtis was one of the first kind souls to call. Fur the show with Curtis, we will probably do the Praetorius setting of In Dulci Jubilo on douçaine and viola. Praetorius is a bit late for vielle.

Now we just need to keep my duo partner Jen healthy.

No comments: