Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Running for the Drum

OMG! OMG!
Buffy's new album is on the way from Canada! I can hardly wait. Anne Linnets nyt album er også ude nu. Jeg også venter for det.

This has been a really good semester. My music research professors are looking for potential awards for one of my research papers, an overview of the douçaine. I'm also feeling really good about my larger paper, the historiography of the douçaine. I got my own copy of Barra Boydell's book on crumhorns yesterday and I am inspired to do a similar book for the douçaine farther down the line. I spent a little time on the method book yesterday. I can't imagine that too many people would want to play anything in Eb minor on the douçaine, but I think it is good practice in dealing with the difficult forked fingerings. That type of practice really helped me in a concert on Monday, where I did the cantus parts on some Landini ballatas. I found a couple with the right tessitura for tenor douçaine with lute playing the tenor line. Joe is a great improviser, so the role reversal worked out great.

No comments: